Mount Helena Community Church (MHCC) is a non-denominational community of Christ followers that has been an active part of the Helena area for over 35 years. MHCC is a family-oriented church welcoming people of all ages and background. Please read on to learn more about our vision, values, leadership structure, and beliefs.
VISION | LEADERSHIP | BELIEFS
Building Community. Living the Mission.
Our mission is to bring people into an understanding of who Jesus is and how they can relate to him. We believe that the church family is meant to work together to build one another up and that making disciples is an objective for all of us.
a. to welcome all into the household of God;
b. to promote healthy, scriptural values in relationships;
c. to care for and invest in others according to the scriptures
Values for building a community of Jesus-followers:
- Being Humble. We want show humility (Philippians 2:3) by listening (James 1:19), considering the point of view of others (1 Peter 5:5-6), being self-aware of our own strengths and weaknesses (James 1:23-24).
- Being Life-Giving. We give life to those around us by being gracious (Colossians 4:6), non-judgmental (Romans 2:1), and incapable of being offended (Proverbs 19:11).
- Being Family-Oriented. We are a multi-generational community (Deuteronomy 6:6-7) who supports the biblical view of marriage (Hebrews 13:4a) and the teamwork of all believers, wherever they are in life (Romans 12:4-5).
- Being Transparent. We want to be accountable (James 15:16), honest (Matthew 5:36-37), and communicative (Ephesians 4:15-16).
Living the Mission
a. to commit one’s life toward fulfilling the commission of Jesus Christ;
b. to serve one another, contributing through the gifts given to each one;
c. to teach, encourage, and equip the church to expand the kingdom of God
Values for living out our mission as a church:
- Being Disciples. We want to be obedient to Jesus and the Scriptures by giving up our own lives to learn, sacrifice, and lead. (John 8:31-32; Luke 14:25-34; 1 John 2:3-6)
- Being Disciples-Makers. We want to establish, connect, activate, and reproduced disciples of Jesus in this world. (Matthew 28:19-20; 2 Timothy 2:2; Colossians 1:28-29)
- Being a Kingdom Resource. We want to give of ourselves by serving, financing, and sending. (John 15:8; John 15:16; 1 Peter 4:10-11; James 2:14-17)
- Being Generous. We want to be generous, extravagant givers of our time, finances, and possessions. (2 Corinthians 9:6-15; Acts 20:35; 1 Timothy 6:17-19)